Licensing and franchise law FAQs


Licensing covers a wide range of topics, and with regulations such as health and safety set to continue increasing this area of law will only become more wide-reaching.

The main reason behind licensing is to ensure that venues can be regulated. With the different types of licences available, this regulation could be for health and safety, for consumer protection or for the protection of original developers.

Licences will be required for:

  • Gaming
  • Food
  • Alcohol
  • Animals

We have added a couple of FAQs on franchising into this section. If you are thinking of taking on a franchise, for example a pub chain, there is a very good possibility that you will need to be aware of any licensing laws associated with that company.

Check our FAQs if you have any basic questions - we might be able to answer your question nice and quickly. If you are thinking about buying a franchise, or you think you might need to get a licence or you need to question and authority over a licence, call us on 0800 1777 162 and we will put you in contact with a local specialist solicitor.

Contact Law supports the endeavours of STAE and commends all the work they are undertaking to assist in the plight of the Asian Elephant


We use cookies on the Contact Law site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.