How to get compensation for an industrial accident


Employers have a duty towards their employees to provide a safe place of work and safe working conditions. They must take reasonable care of their employees’ health and wellbeing. Health and safety training must be provided and maintained, and there must be safety procedures in place. Equipment should be regularly inspected and faulty machinery should be repaired as soon as possible. If an employer fails in their duty to provide a safe work place and an employee is injured in an industrial accident as a result, they may face an accident compensation claim being made against them.

Industrial accidents can occur in a warehouse, factory, or on a construction site. They can occur in both heavy and light industries. Some examples of the injuries caused by industrial accidents are: 

  • Chemical injuries
  • Electric shocks
  • Vibration White Finger
  • Asbestos-related illnesses
  • Crush injuries as a result of being hit by an object
  • Industrial deafness

If you have been involved in an industrial accident and suffered an injury as a result, there are certain government benefits you can claim. Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits can be claimed if you are ill or disabled because of an accident at work.

However, you are also entitled to make an compensation claim against your employer if the accident was not your fault. There are benefits to making a compensation claim for an injury sustained during an industrial accident. The compensation awarded can account for any financial loss suffered as a result of the accident, for example loss of earnings and medical expenses. In some instances, the court will also grant an award for the pain and suffering experienced because of an injury resulting from an industrial accident. In addition, an accident compensation claim will force the employer to be more health and safety conscious in the future, and may lead to the end of an unsafe practice or procedure.

Contact Law can match you to a no-win, no-fee solicitor dealing in personal injury wherever you are based.

 If you would like to obtain legal advice on industrial accidents, Contact Law can put you in touch with a local personal injury solicitor free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local personal injury solicitors please call us on 0800 1777 162 or complete the web-form above.

0800 1777 162
or fill in the form
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form
Area of law:
Brands we work with

Brands we work with

Contact Law supports the endeavours of STAE and commends all the work they are undertaking to assist in the plight of the Asian Elephant


We use cookies on the Contact Law site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.