Understanding enforcement of court orders


Winning your court case and having the court make a judgment in your favour is not always the end of the matter: sometimes the person whom the order was made against refuses to obey the orders. For example, you might have a court order saying someone owes you money, but they may refuse to pay it to you.

If this happens, you will need to take measures to get the court to enforce the order. The main ways of doing this are by seeking:

  • A warrant of execution
  • An attachment of earnings order
  • A third party debt order
  • A charging order

If you need legal advice or representation, Contact Law has more than 5,000 solicitors throughout the UK that we can put you in touch with directly. So, if you are looking for expert legal advice, please call us on 0800 1777 162 and let our experienced case handlers match you to the right solicitor for your needs.

Quick enquiry form
Area of law:

More information:

Contact Law supports the endeavours of STAE and commends all the work they are undertaking to assist in the plight of the Asian Elephant


We use cookies on the Contact Law site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.