Business tax FAQs


If you run a business, your tax requirements will be very different from people in regular employment. It is also much more complicated as usually you will have to organise your tax yourself, rather than having an HR department do everything.

You will often have a financial advisor give you help with your tax and the way in which VAT operates for businesses. We have several pages here which focus on these topics, alongside capital gains tax, corporation tax and IR35 legislation for contractors.

However, a key area of this which might require you to use a solicitor is if you've been given advice which turns out to be wrong. If there has been negligence which has cost you money, you might wish to claim this back.

If so, fill in our web-form or call us on 0800 1777 162 and we'll be able to find you a local solicitor perfect for your needs.

Contact Law supports the endeavours of STAE and commends all the work they are undertaking to assist in the plight of the Asian Elephant


We use cookies on the Contact Law site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.