Alternative separation FAQs


Divorce is not the only method of two people parting company. It is the most common, but it pertains to a particular situation.

However, it's not always the best, or only, option. For example, there are situations in which a married couple can have their marriage annulled.

Couples who aren't married but do have assets might wish to organise a separation agreement to back up their decisions.

There are a few different options, and naturally people's differing situation makes all cases unique. Have a look at the few FAQs we have here, and if you think you might need a solicitor to help you with your separation then give us a call on 0800 1777 162 and we will put you in contact with a family firm wherever you are.

Contact Law supports the endeavours of STAE and commends all the work they are undertaking to assist in the plight of the Asian Elephant


We use cookies on the Contact Law site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.