Alcohol licensing


If your business wants to sell alcohol you will need to obtain the correct alcohol licences. The main types of alcohol licences are:

  • Premises licences (both on-licences and off-licences)
  • Personal licences
  • Club Premises Certificates
  • Temporary event licences

You can find information on what each of these licences covers, which is most suitable for your business, and how you apply for them in the following sections. Information on appealing licensing decisions and enforcement of licences is located both within this section and in the general information section of this topic.

If you would like to obtain expert legal advice on alcohol licensing, then Contact Law can put you in touch with a local specialist solicitor free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local specialist solicitors please call us on 0800 1777 162.

Quick enquiry form
Area of law:

More information:

Contact Law supports the endeavours of STAE and commends all the work they are undertaking to assist in the plight of the Asian Elephant


We use cookies on the Contact Law site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.